Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Portrait Class!

So, people. I am in Fishkill, New York.
Fishkill. Really. I love the name of this place.
I'm taking a 5 day portrait painting class with Paul McCormack, an amazing artist and a really nice guy to boot.
Today was the first day. We spent it drawing the model (Paul's wife, Karen - also really nice). I usually work from photos and find working from life to be very challenging. Here is the sum total of the day's work:


Not my best work, I'll admit, but this is just the preliminary sketch. I'll try to post pictures of each day's work to show how it's coming along. If there are no more pictures and this is never mentioned again, you may presume that my painting was not a success...

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Janell said...

Your a really good artist. I wish I had that kind of talent.