Sunday, March 10, 2013

My Fun Life

This post is just to gloat about how cool my life is.

March is typically my busiest month visiting schools. Last week, I logged in almost a thousand miles of driving to and fro, hither and yon from southern Massachusetts to waaaaay up in Maine. On the same day!

I am incredibly fortunate to be able to do what I do for a living. I'm thankful for it every day (except when I'm sitting in traffic on my way to a school - then my thankfulness is sorely tested, I admit).

Here is a photographic essay of some of my thrilling adventures in the past few weeks.

Authorfest 2013 at Greenwood Elementary. I'm in good company at this cool event!

Some awesome stories created by Mr. Cormier's class at Sanbornton Elementary. Mr. Cormier was even working on a sweet blues version of this book.

And the kindergarten classes at Sanbornton Elementary made the cool trees based on Fall Is Not Easy.
And, if that weren't enough, the principal made me a delicious lunch.Yup.
The librarian at Sanbornton Elementary made a great looking bulletin board with a familiar face on it...

I rocked the house at Tupelo Music Hall in White River Junction, VT with Steve Blunt and Joe Pierog. And a stuffed dinosaur. We also rocked out at Tupelo in Londonderry, NH (sold out show!) and at Oyster River High School in Durham, NH. We're planning our world domination tour soon. Be warned.

My space at the Massachusetts State Librarian Association conference in Sturbridge, MA. It looked good for a few minutes.


Then this guy showed up. This is Jef Czekaj (pronounced "Jeff") a hilarious author and illustrator who may have the most amazing sweater in the universe.


Seriously. That is not normal. It was a fun morning hanging out with him.

Next week is another full week of visits and I couldn't be happier.

No comments: