Friday, September 17, 2010

A New Pencil Portrait

This is a pencil portrait I've been working on for about a week now. I loved this girl's hair. This was a quick sketch that spiraled out of control and wound up being a big project. I'm sad to report that about half way through the drawing, I was working outside, taking advantage of the beautiful weather and the entire board fell off my easel, so the paper got rather wrinkled. It's sort of like an unwanted age-progression process on the drawing.

I was happy with it, though, wrinkles and all.

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is some great hair! Your stuff that spirals out of control is pretty great. Mine usually spirals out of control in a different direction!

pencil portrait melbourne said...

Nice work. eagerly waiting for you to finish and upload the full portrait. Thank you.